Business plan presentations and competitions help students organize thoughts, create visual displays and build confidence. It provides an opportunity for students to demonstrate what they have learned throughout the NFTE program in a fun and competitive environment. It also provides a teacher with an opportunity to assess and showcase their student work to the community.
Tips for a Successful Business Plan Presentation
- Encourage students in the first few weeks of the course to decide on a business idea.
- Limit partnerships to a maximum of 2 students and encourage partners to divide the work equally.
- Encourage students to come up with business ideas that are realistic and manageable – Students should aim to keep their Start Up Investment relatively low.
- Advise students to spend significant time researching their industry of choice to determine their competition and competitive advantage.
- Advise students to spend significant time researching their industry of choice to determine their competition and competitive advantage. A presentation of a business plan is a summary of key areas with brief talking points from which the student elaborates. Preparing and delivering presentations help youth build communication skills such as how to distill information into talking points, listen to and answer questions and present oneself professionally.